What we do and how we are unique:
1. CITRS has a unique system and teaching model that shows how fostering character and integrity can lead to success in one’s life.
Our acronym is CITRS. We believe that:
Character is based on
Integrity which leads to
Trust. When people trust you, you will have great
Relationships. And relationships are the foundation for
Success in your life.
This model forms the basis for our curriculum.
2. We provide a comprehensive view of character development that addresses all aspects of Character Education (CE.).
3. We provide a system with a logical sequence on how to teach character. This system is designed to understand what good character is, value it, and create lasting change in behavior.
4. We provide a time-tested view of the essentials in life for success, based on relationships, and relate those essentials to one’s character
5. CITRS identifies the reasons people take actions which lead to negative consequences, notwithstanding the person’s inherent virtues.
6. Our curriculum is based on exploring and revealing the underlying motives of why people do things and relates those motives to one’s character.
7. CITRS “teaches the teacher” in an easy and simple way. We have developed a program to ensure that educators understand and value character education and can implement it.
8. CITRS has a customized, personalized approach to each client. We specifically tailor our program to the unique needs of each organization or group that we serve.
9. We provide a detailed and historical background for our curriculum based on bedrock and unchanging principles, and the genesis for learning in this area dating all the way back to 4000 B.C.
10. All our objectives and teaching points trace back to and address many root causes of character flaws, as well as appropriate and inappropriate behavior related to character development.
11. We provide the resources, unique vignettes, and our own “special” lessons that enable teachers and students to grow in character, link their character to leadership learning, and apply it to their lives.
12. We believe that one’s character is enhanced through greater knowledge about oneself. Socrates said “Know Thyself.” Therefore we provide a Strengths Discovery Program to promote self-awareness, a healthy self-concept, and help maximize potential.
13. CITRS is a non-profit, independent, non-sectarian organization. Our programs appeal to educators, coaches, students, parents, athletes and others of diverse racial, religious, economic, cultural and educational backgrounds.